Are you a budding photographer? Now’s your chance to share your holiday snaps and relive the great memories from your recent stay at a National Trust cottage. We are holding a Holiday Cottage Photo Competition to find fantastic photos for our new brochure and website and we want to hear from you!
We want to see pictures of you having fun on your National Trust Cottage holiday, you could be admiring the autumn colours of a woodland hike, surrounded by spring flowers in one of our beautiful gardens, making the most of the long summer days with a picnic or a walk on the beach or spending time in your cottage.
The closing date has been extended to the 17th September 2012, so there’s only a few weeks left to enter. You can send us your photos, by post, to Photo Competition, National Trust Holiday Contact Centre, PO Box 536, Melksham, Wilts SN12 8SX, or, by email, at email@example.com
The star prize is a free, 3 night stay, in a National Trust Holiday Cottage, for up to 4 people, but for any photo we use we will send you a £20 National Trust gift voucher which can be used in any of our shops.
It is a competition so there are a few rules…
Your photo must have been taken between October 2011 and September 2012.
You can enter any photos from your National Trust cottage holiday, as long as they’re well lit, colourful and natural.
If you are sending digital images ideally they need to be between 1 – 2 Mb, so if you are entering several you may wish to spread them over a few emails.
We will always ask for your permission to feature them in our brochure and website.
Please see our full terms and conditions below.
Competition Rules and Full Information
1.The competition is open to any National Trust Holiday Cottage guest booking in 2012
2.For inclusion in our 2013 brochure and website, please submit your entry by September 17th 2012. Winners will be notified by post in October 2012 and featured in the 2013 brochure which will be published approximately mid-October 2012
3. Pictures submitted must be taken whilst staying at one of our holiday cottages, and feature either the cottage or the general local area
4. Pictures must be submitted to the Holiday Cottages team by either email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Photo Competition, National Trust Holiday Contact Centre, PO Box 536, Melksham, Wilts SN12 8SX . Please note: any pictures submitted by post will not be returned and images that are not short listed will be deleted within 48 hours of the end of the competition
5. Each picture should be accompanied by: the name of the photographer and holiday booking reference; the month which it relates to; name of the picture; where it was shot;
6. If you take pictures of people then you must obtain their written permission. If you take pictures of children (under the age of 18) you must have written permission from their parents. This written permission must then be sent in with the photographs using a standard model release form from our offices. Release forms are not required for crowd scenes. On receipt of your pictures, we may ask you to fill out a release form yourself if the pictures feature your own children, relatives or friends
7. Pictures should be taken on a camera that will enable them to be used for printing in our brochure. This means that, for digital photography, you will need to supply high quality jpeg or tiff images of 1 megabyte as a minimum.
8. Copyright remains with the entrant. However, by entering the competition the entrant gives permission for the National Trust and its group companies to use the image to promote Holiday Cottages in any media
9. If you are the overall winner you may book any cottage from our portfolio sleeping up to 4 people, subject to availability of location and dates at time of booking. If you wish to book a stay of longer than 3 nights, then you agree to pay the cost of the additional nights at the specified rate. This prize cannot be combined with other prizes, discounts or offers. National Trust Holiday Cottages terms and conditions apply to your booking
10. The National Trust may alter, amend or cancel this Competition due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control